Saturday 9 May 2015

It's a poetry thing ...


It’s a poetry thing …

 

As the wave curled over, sweeping us through the salty waters of poetry day… Well, I was going to continue on this vein, but to write a whole blog post poetically could be done but instead, to put a finer point on it, I was honoured to be invited to read for Poetry Day Ireland 2015 last Thursday 7th May. I did so with the very talented Kerri Fitzgerald.

After the typically Irish thing of a cuppa beforehand, we got underway to a receptive crowd who were kind enough to take time out of their day to join us. We danced through sonnet and verse to do what we were asked, to deliver some poetry for the enjoyment of others.   

This day is another example of how important our libraries are and should be supported. Check out yours, you’ll be surprised what it has to offer.

 

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome. I am a frequent flyer at my local library and actually worked there before I had kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. People often underestimate their importance. Do you miss working there? I've written some of my best stuff while sitting in the library, then one of the lovely members of staff are kind enough to bring over a cup of tea.

      Delete